We comply with all relevant regulations regarding the safe storage of your personal data, including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) – which came into effect in May 2018 – and we are committed to using your information in a responsible and sustainable way, ensuring your privacy is protected at all times.
We want you to feel secure when visiting our website (www.potteriesheavyhaulage.com), safe in the knowledge that any data you provide to us will be processed, used and kept carefully and respectfully.
There are areas of the Potteries Heavy Haulage website where you may be asked to give your personal information, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Contact information (e.g. email address and phone number)
- Demographic information (e.g. postcode and location)
We use this information for the following reasons:
- To improve our product and service offering
- For market research purposes
- To provide more information about our products/services
In addition to these purposes, we add users who have actively opted into further communications from Potteries Heavy Haulage to our internal database (see Active Opt-In section below for more details).
By using our website, we may automatically collect non-personal information about you and your website usage, such as:
- How you interact with the Potteries Heavy Haulage website, including session duration, the number of pages visited etc.
- Whether you have been on the website before
- Which device you are using to access our site (including hardware and software information like what model you are using and the browser operating system you accessed our website from)
- Tracking information – whether you came to potteriesheavyhaulage.com directly or via another site
- Location information – which country/region you’re in when you access our website
We use the following channels to collect non-personal data:
- Google Analytics – In keeping with our dedication to providing only relevant and engaging content on our website, Potteries Heavy Haulage uses a third-party service called Google Analytics to collect information such as website visitor behavior patterns and user journeys when on the potteriesheavyhaulage.com site.
This uses your unique numerical identifier rather than your personal information (meaning you can’t and won’t be identified by or any personal information), but allows us to monitor things like tracking and conversion data.
If you don’t want Google to collect data for use on their Google Analytics software, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on here.
How will we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so, which include one or more of the following:
- Contract – the processing of your personal information in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement.
- Consent – the agreement for Potteries Heavy Haulage to use your information in a specific way e.g. for storing your payment card details if express permission is given.
- Legitimate Interest – the ability for us to provide you with the best products and service by using your personal information to offer you products/services that you may have a legitimate interest in.
- Legal Obligation – if there is a statutory or legal obligation to share your personal information with the relevant authorities e.g. if we are legally obligated to share your information for law enforcement purposes for identify fraud etc.
We may use your information for a number of purposes, which include:
- Managing and administering your account and/or contract;
- Delivering any services, products or information requested by you;
- Responding to complaints or enquiries.
This is all covered under the ‘Legitimate Interest’ section of the current Data Protection regulations.
Active opt-in policy
To ensure we are fully compliant with GDPR regulations, we have now made sure that every form on the Potteries Heavy Haulage website contains an active opt-in. This means that – whenever you choose to fill in your personal information on the Potteries Heavy Haulage website – you will be asked to actively tick a box that gives us express permission to contact you outside the confines of your original query (e.g. to receive further marketing communications from Potteries Heavy Haulage).
However, if you submit your personal information on potteriesheavyhaulage.com without ticking the active opt-in, your information will be used for its intended purpose only – to discuss your initial query – and your information will be permanently deleted once the enquiry has been dealt with, unless at that point you give us your express permission to keep your data on our records.
Please note: under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to withdraw your permission at any time (even if you have actively opted in), at which point we will be legally obligated to delete any information we hold on you.
You can update your details, change marketing preferences and/or withdraw such consent at any time by contacting:
Potteries Heavy Haulage Ltd
Any information you provide to us is kept secure. We have comprehensive measures in place to reasonably protect your personal data from accidental loss or used/altered/disclosed by any unauthorised personnel.
However, please note that Potteries Heavy Haulage cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you access them using links from our website. Once you have clicked through and left our website, Potteries Heavy Haulage no longer have any control over your protection and privacy of any information you may provide on the external website, and as such these sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice.
For this reason, we would always recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit for further details.
According to Data Protection regulations, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information – commonly referred to as a ‘subject access request’, this enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully. Please note that any request may be subject to a small administration charge.
- Request correction of the personal information – we endeavour to keep our data as relevant and up-to-date as possible. However, sometimes this is not possible, so by making the correction request, you are able to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information – you are in control of who has access to your personal data. That’s why (even if you have given Potteries Heavy Haulage your express permission to process your data), you can ask us to delete or remove personal information at any time, where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to the processing of your personal information – as outlined by the section above, we use your data based on legitimate interest. However, you have a right to object to the processing of your personal information in this way if you think the information we are providing is not fulfilling the contractual obligation of legitimate interest (i.e. you don’t think it is relevant to you, or you no longer want to receive information from us that’s deemed by us to be ‘of legitimate interest’).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information – This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information or object to the processing of your personal data, please write to us at the following:Potteries Heavy Haulage Ltd